Interviews have been canceled for the coming weeks in New Delhi and Chennai due to the worsening COVID-19 conditions. The announcement was initially limited to the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi, with a note that U.S. Consulates in Chennai, Hyderabad, and Kolkata would continue to offer limited visa services, but could cancel appointments as conditions required.
- The U.S. Embassy New Delhi canceled in-person and interview waiver (drop box) appointments from April 26 to May 9, but stated they would make “every attempt to honor scheduled emergency appointments.”
- The New Delhi VAC can honor emergency biometrics appointments only.
- Emergency services will continue for U.S. citizens.
Earlier today, the U.S. Consulate Chennai also announced cancellations.
- All routine nonimmigrant interviews, interview waiver appointments, and routine American Citizen Services appointments are canceled from April 26 to May 15, 2021.
- Emergency appointments will only continue as local conditions will allow.
- The Chennai VAC is open for emergency biometrics appointments only.
We will keep you posted on any additional developments.
The Centers for Disease Control and the U.S. Department of State have increased travel advisories for India. Read our recent post: CDC Advises Travelers to Avoid Travel to India.
Connecting with Challa Law Group
Join us on Wednesdays for a live webinar at 12 PM ET on critical immigration updates
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 804-360-8482 to get your case started today.