Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Air Passengers Arriving in the United States
Last week, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) ordered all air passengers ages two and older arriving to the U.S. from a foreign country to show proof of a negative COVID-19 test. This order includes U.S. citizens and Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs). The test results must have been issued within the 3 days prior to the flight departing and all passengers must present the negative result before boarding the flight. Individuals who have recovered from COVID-19 within the past 90 days can also submit documentation from a licensed health care provider or public health official. All passengers must attest, under penalty of law, to have received a negative qualifying test result or to recovery from COVID-19 and medical clearance to travel.
See the CDC Proof of Negative Test Result page to view the order, complete the attestation, and to see FAQ’s.
Airlines are required to deny boarding to passengers who cannot meet the testing requirements. The Department of State advises U.S. citizens in countries where adequate COVID-19 testing is not available or if they may not be able to satisfy the requirements, to depart immediately or prepare to be unable to return to the United States until they can meet the requirements.
Actions to Take:
- Monitor the CDC website for latest guidance regarding testing requirements.
- Check with your air carriers or travel representative prior to departure for the United States.
- Check COVID-19 Country Specific Information updated information on COVID-19 related information including availability of testing.
- Visit travel.state.gov to view individual Travel Advisories for the most urgent threats to safety and security.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- Click here for the Department of State COVID FAQs Search Tool. \
Don’t forget to register for Challa Law Group’s webinar series, where Managing Attorney explores strategies for navigating the new immigration challenges and answers your questions live. Join us every Wednesday at 12 PM EST.
Contact us firstname.lastname@example.org 804-360-8482 to get your case started today.